Legal Process Management
Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO) refers to a law firm or corporate legal department obtaining legal support services from an external law firm or legal support services firm. Typically, a lawyer will contract either directly or indirectly through an intermediary with an individual or a firm to perform various legal support related services.
Important Services of LPM
- Bookkeeping and billing
- Contract management
- Contract review Corporations
- Data analysis and management
- Document drafting
- Document production
- Due diligence
- General litigation support services
- Intellectual Property (IP) services
- Legal research
- Legal transcription
- Cost-Effective Depending: upon the type of legal service being outsourced, you could achieve as much as 30% to 80% in cost savings by outsourcing legal support work to a firm based in a lower cost market like India.
- Flexibility: Rather than hire full-time or even temporary in-house support staff to deal with the ups and downs in workflow, ETPL can be utilized on an as need basis. Furthermore, You can allow us to tap into expertise that they may otherwise be lacking in-house.
- High Quality Legal Support: Given the differences in salary and overhead structures, you can employ fully licensed attorneys rather than just paralegals or legal secretaries
- Increase Efficiency: You can utilize low cost professionals as well as specially designed software that automates and streamlines repetitive tasks, especially tasks that involve significant amounts of paperwork and documents.
- Leverage Time Zone Differences: North American or European based clients have the ability to have work completed on a 24 hour basis or during the night
- Optimize Costly Resources: For law firms, expensive resources in high cost markets are freed up in order to focus on high margin fee generating work rather than repetitive tasks while corporate legal departments are able to focus more attention to their core competencies rather than on handling legal paperwork